Be Afraid Tiger, Elin’s Lawyer Is No Joke!
Elin Nordegren hired high powered London-based attorney Walter H. White, Jr., way back in January. And although Tiger’s legal team is based out of New York and Florida, I think Elin may have the upper hand on this one!
Check out Mr. Walter H. White’s distinguished resume:
Mr. White is head of the firm’s emerging markets transactions practice. His work consists of multinational securities transactions, international business and finance law issues, and complex litigation and related arbitration. He has represented clients in multibillion-dollar business transactions in the United States, Canada, Europe, throughout the Commonwealth of Independent States (C.I.S.), Asia and Africa. He has acted as an advisor to Central Banks, and financial regulatory agencies in North America, Europe, Africa and Asia on economic development and regulatory issues.
He has published books and articles on multinational business activity and lectured in North America, Europe, Central Asia and Africa, and is a regular commentator for the BBC on U.S. and international human rights and constitutional affairs
- Acquisition of an oil production company and holding company structure in Azerbaijan with value of $116 million.
- Sale of Russian gasoline distribution company with value of $570 million.
- Sale of interests in Russian oil company with value of $5 billion.
- Acquisition of 51% interest in Oil JV in Azerbaijan with value of $245 million.
- Development of investment consortium and acquisition of $2 billion interest in chemical plant and other privatized assets (Turkey) and related $400 million secured loan facility.
- Advise on the admission of Timan Oil & Gas to AIM, value at issue £123 million.
- Advise vendor in transaction where major Russian oil company purchased 100% of participant in oil deposits of the southwest Central Asia for US $580 million.
- Advise vendor in sale of chain of Russian gas stations for $42 million.
- Advise in initiated negotiations of purchase of material part of European energy conglomerate with estimated transaction value in excess of €6 bn.
- Advise on acquisition of energy sector service company for $41 million.
- Advise on $170 million acquisition of multinational satellite navigation systems company headquartered in France. Our client was a San Francisco private equity fund.
- Construction dispute litigation in Sweden, Russia and the UK regarding construction of Moscow oil refinery.
- Hambledon Mining PLC list on AIM.
- Major aluminum conglomerate v. a global aluminum conglomerate $200 million+ litigation in Ireland and Switzerland.
- Austrian pharmaceutical company in strategic investment regarding development of medical equipment manufacturer.
- $975 million industrial merger and restructuring major aluminum group.
- Ukranian aluminium company in a $120 million Swiss arbitration proceeding.
- Ukranian aluminium company in a $24 million share purchase.
- Mobil Oil with regard to $14 Bn Caspian Pipeline Consortium.
- Illingworth Morris re: BoIschevichka privatization.
- Russian real estate developer settle $40 million real estate development dispute with international bank.
- JSC Kazakhstan electricity grid $10 million term loan agreement.
- American Express obtain veto from President Yeltsin to legislation that would outlaw foreign ownership of travel agencies in Russia.
- Obtained dismissal in both U.S. (Northern District of California) Federal Court as well as arbitration in London of $10 million claim against Nizhnyvartovskneftigaz.
- $30 million investment by Conoco in AGD a Lukoil subsidiary Archangelsk Base Trawling Fleet against Schiffcommerz.
- Telefonica Espana $1.71 billion bid for Svyazinvest.
- Telefonica Espana Capitalisation $400 million bid vehicle for Consortium Telefam.
- RAO UES $400 million mezzanine borrowing from Deutsche Morgan Grenfell.
- Intersputnik $1 Bn JV with Lockheed Martin.
- EAFC $5 Bn J.V. with Pratt & Whitney.
- France Telecom Alcatel investment.
- France Telecom Svyazinvest investment.
Filed under: Uncategorized | 9 Comments
Tags: Elin Nordegren, Jr, McGuireWoods LLP, TIGER WOODS, Walter H. White